Wednesday, February 26, 2014

GLAMOUR GAL: Jessica Stevens

Jessica Stevens Health & Happiness
Glamour Gal Summer 2014 

This month's featured Glamour Gal is Gold Coast fitness trainer and model Jessica Stevens. In this exclusive interview Jessica talks about her fitness routine, her secret to ah-mazing skin and how she stays positive.  

We are thrilled to feature you as our new Glamour Gal. Jessica what makes you feel the most glamorous? 
Jessica: Thank you so much! I'm thrilled to be an Eco Glamour Gal. I love the healthy and positive message that all of your girls promote. It's a privilege to be included along side so many influential women.  
Okay so when I feel most glamorous? With my job as a personal trainer I spend most of my days in gym tights, sneakers, hair in a messy pony tail and have no makeup on. It's definitely not the most glamorous job in the world! So I really do appreciate the rare times where I get to look pretty in a dress and heels. I love the feeling when I get my hair and makeup done by a professional make up artist, that would definitely be when I feel the most glamorous. They always make me look and feel like a million dollars! 



Jessica featured in the 2014 Wet N Wild Calendar 

Sexy Stevens. In her spare time when she's not being a personal trainer Jessica enjoys modelling. She  featured as Miss October in the 2014 Wet N Wild Calendar along with 13 of Australia's hottest bikini models. She was also named the International Kickboxer Girl of the Month in the Nov/Dec 2013 issue of International Kickboxer magazine. 

Jessica was recently crowned Oz's Sexiest Personal Trainer by Zoo Weekly magazine. She has been featured in Zoo Weekly a few times in the past but it was her recent sexy and steamy photo shoot that really captured their readers. Let's give her the nickname Sexy Stevens because she also landed herself on the 2013 Gold Coast's Sexiest Women list. 

You always look so glamorous in your modelling photos. So far what's been the highlight of your modelling career? 
Jessica: There has been so much happening lately, it's been crazy that it make this a hard one to choose. Recently I was lucky enough to get a 6 page feature in Zoo Weekly Australia with photos from my first ever proper photo shoot, so I'm going to say this! The photos  were the beginning of my modelling and fitness journey so it's really wonderful to see them be such a success. This photo shoot was definitely a milestone for me as I have always admired the girls who shot with Harlem and never thought I would be one of them… they all looked so gorgeous! After training for a while and falling in love with a healthy lifestyle, I decided that I needed a specific goal to work towards which lead me to booking this shoot. I was so determined to train hard and be the best that I could be for it. When I look at these pictures, it represents so much more than just a photo shoot. It reminds me that you can achieve anything you set your mind to. Set a goal so big that it scares you! This is what I did. I was only new to fitness and very fresh to the modelling scene so I really felt like the pressure was on for this shoot. Doing something different and out of my comfort zone scared me, but I have learnt that life happens at the beginning of your comfort zone. 


 
Harlem Productions

Can you describe yourself in five words? 
Jessica: Oh this is hard. I can be a little crazy and outgoing but then I can be shy and reserved at times. I think overall I would have to go with the following: independent, outgoing, determined, optimistic and adventurous. They seem to suit the way I am at this current time in my life. 



You may have noticed that Jessica has an incredible toned and tanned body. She is the face of Bella Bronze Tan, an Australian company that offers organic spray tans. For her photo shoots Jessica is tanned with 2 coats of their rapid organic solution. 

Jessica you always look so fresh and radiant. Can you tell us more about your beauty routine? 
Jessica: Thank you! Along with exercising, eating healthy nutritious food and drinking lots and lots of water throughout the day, I use organic skin care products on my skin. I cleanse and moisturise my skin twice a day with a vegan and organic skin care range. Another simple product I love to use on my skin is Coconut Oil. After I shower I use coconut oil as a moisturiser on my skin, it leaves your skin feeling ah-mazing! 


 
Angel Riley Photography 

Fit and Fabulous. 
Jessica is a Personal Trainer at Snap Fitness on the Gold Coast and shares her fitness routine with inspirational posts on her official Facebook page - Jessica Stevens Fitness. Jessica loves promoting a happy and healthy lifestyle. "I've always been passionate about being healthy and living a healthy lifestyle. I love helping others be happy with themselves." 

A job in the fitness industry is obviously a very rewarding career. What's your favourite thing about being a personal trainer?  
Jessica: Becoming a personal trainer is honestly one of the best things I have ever done! It's so rewarding to be able to share my passion for health and fitness with others and help them be the best person that they can be. It never feels like 'work' because I am doing something that I genuinely love to do and wouldn't want to be doing anything else. As they say, if you do something you love you will never work a day in your life! My favourite thing about being a personal trainer is that I have the opportunity to change peoples lives for the better. People come to me wanting to increase their quality of life in some way and I am lucky enough to have the opportunity to help them. I'm so grateful to have the chance to help others and also to have such a great network of people around me who are helping me learn and grow into the best trainer I can be. 


"Find what you love and do it daily. What you love to do is a sign of what you are meant to do. You can only express the very best parts of yourself when you are living in accordance with what you really want to be doing." ~  Jessica Stevens 

When it comes to your own fitness routine - how do you like to stay in shape?
Jessica: I love to have variety with my training routine. There are so many different styles of training available at the moment and it's so exciting trying them all out. The gym I currently work at has a functional training room so I have been playing around a lot in there, it's like a little Cross Fit box so it's different to your standard weights gym. In the past I have kept to a fairly consistent weight training routine but since mixing up my training style I am having so much more fun! At the moment I am doing a weight training routine around 3 times a week, boxing around 2 times a week and also some other functional training classes maybe once a week. Each week is different which keeps it very exciting and never boring. I love to mix it up and try something new whenever I can and I am always up for something new when I have the chance. One the weekends I like to stay active as well, you will usually find me down at the beach, bike riding or exploring the beautiful hinterland that the Gold Coast has to offer. Active living is a way of life and something I am so passionate about. I hope that sharing my daily life with those around me inspires them to live an active life as well. 


Obviously diet plays a key role in keeping a trim figure especially in Summer! What's your secret to maintaining a healthy diet? 
Jessica: Diet is definitely so important in order to have a healthy body and mind. Everybody has something different that works for them and for me I find that eating a whole food diet based around vegetables, fruits, nuts with chicken, eggs and seafood is what works best for me. I try and steer clear of any packaged processed food and nearly always read the ingredients list on what I'm eating. It's important to know exactly what you are putting into your body and I feel the best when I eat foods that have had little or no processing or haven't  been genetically modified. I buy organic when possible to ensure the quality of my food is the best that it can be. We only have one body and need to look after, respect and nourish it as much as we can. Drinking approximately 3 - 4 litres of water a day is also one of my secrets. 



Joyful Jessica. 
Jessica's smile is stunning. Her happy and positive attitude is so refreshing. You just need to scroll through her instagram photos to see her gorgeous smile in every photo. "I am a bit of a selfie queen."  Jessica knows that the key to success is happiness and doing what you love. 

Jessica you have such a beautiful smile. What's your secret to living a happy, healthy life? 
Jessica: Thank you so much! I really believe that positive thinking is one of the best and simplest ways to live a happy life. We all face challenges in life and struggle with our battles but it's up to us to make sure they don't negatively affect the rest of our life. I really find that being grateful and appreciative on a daily basis helps remind me how blessed I am to be living the life that I am. I think that we need to go through the hard times, heart ache and failure to be able to understand this properly though. Everything that I have been through has made me who I am today and given me the strength to be happy in bad situations, strong in hard situations and know what I truly want and deserve. 

How do you stay positive? you have a favourite quote or motto you live by? 
Jessica: I have so many favourites! I have an inspirational board in my room full of positive quotes and pictures on it to remind me on a daily basis what my goals are and what's important to me. I change what's on there on a regular basis depending on what is going on in my life. Starting your day off with a positive thought and reminder of your goals is a powerful tool that I would recommend to everyone. Too often people wake up and immediately worry and stress about what's going on in their life. Having an inspiration board in my room guarantees what each morning I start my day off with a positive visualisation to put me in a good frame of mind for the day. Three quotes that I have on my board at the moment are: 

  • Think it. Believe it. Achieve it.
  • Be stronger than your excuses 
  • Too blessed to be stressed 

There's no doubt that with Jessica's healthy and happy lifestyle, drive and determination to reach her goals and strength to overcome obstacles this woman is destined for success! We are thrilled to feature Jessica as our Summer 2014 Glamour Gal. Be inspired by Jessica and follow her journey via social media. 


Jessica Stevens
Facebook: facebook.com/jessicastevensfitness
Twitter: twitter.com/JessicatStevens
Instagam: instagram.com/jessicastevens
Tumblr: jessicastevens4.tumblr.com

a glamour gal embraces a natural healthy lifestyle, her inner beauty shines bright. She is a dreamer and inspires others to live a positive earth-friendly lifestyle. 
Jessica Stevens is a Glamour Gal.