Wednesday, March 6, 2013

GLAMOUR GAL: Morgan Pelt

Morgan Pelt 
GLAMOUR GAL Autumn 2013

This season sassy Glamour Gal is Morgan Pelt. In our exclusive interview Morgan she  discusses her skincare brand Minerva and why being an animal advocate is so important to her. 

Congratulations Morgan you're our Autumn 2013 Glamour Gal. What makes you feel most glamorous? 
Morgan: For me, feeling glamorous is as much as looking great, as it is to be happy and full of confidence. Life can be crazy so for me it’s important to do at least one thing I find luxurious each day which instantaneously makes me feel a little more glamorous.


Can you please share with our readers more about your brand Minerva skincare? 
Morgan: I created Minerva Skin Care in early 2012, as I was shocked at all the toxic chemicals that were going into my skin each day. Many of those chemicals were harmful carcinogens and endocrine (hormone) disruptors. All Minerva products are handmade with the highest quality natural and organic ingredients making them a truly luxurious treat for your skin. I currently sell them at some markets around Brisbane. (website coming soon.)



If you could share one beauty secret with us - what would it be? 
Morgan: Other than using products that are free of toxic chemicals there is always one product that seems to skip nearly every woman’s daily skin care routine – Sunscreen. Many products claim to have an SPF in them but it’s such a small portion that more often than not they are completely inadequate against UVA and UVB rays. Sun damage is the number one extrinsic factor of premature ageing so prevention is key. Applying a thin layer over your face and décolletage everyday can greatly reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles in the long run.  


I personally use ‘John Masters Organics Natural Mineral Sunscreen SPF 30’ under my makeup each day then wait a couple of minutes before I put on my primer and foundation.

What type of exercise motivates you the most?  
Morgan: Most often I am exercising with a friend. It’s a great way to work out as you can motivate and keep each other accountable. I’m a fan of running as it’s great for leaning out and clearing the mind.



Morgan is a wildlife conservationist, it's her life's passion. She cares so deeply about our planet and animal protection, Morgan enjoys being an inspirational animal advocate. 

We know that animals mean so much to you. Can you explain more about your work being an animal advocate.
Morgan:  My life passion is wildlife conservation and being a voice for the environment. Growing up in the Whitsundays with 74 islands and the Great Barrier Reef as my playground I was constantly surrounded by the beauty of nature and learnt to appreciate it from a very young age.

After volunteering with the RSPCA helping with the rehabilitation of the black tags (cruelty cases) I wanted to get more involved with raising awareness of the plight of the environment and wildlife around the world. This led me to travel to South Africa through the African Conservation Experience and volunteering at the world renowned Moholoholo Wildlife Rehabilitation Centre in Mpumalanga. Seeing first hand the problems that the environment currently faces and hand raising one of the few baby black rhinos left in the world was an incredible privilege. Opportunities like this are available to everyone so if you are interested look at the great range of independent projects at the African Conservation Experience.    



Finally do you have a life motto or quote that best describes you? 

 “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” ~ H. Jackson Brown Jnr 

Morgan: This is my all time favourite quote. It inspires me to take chances and seize the day, but most of all it reminds me of how great life is and to relish in the opportunities that are available to me as a young woman.

We hope this interview inspired you and gave you an insight into Morgan's world. Follow Morgan's inspiring life journey online via instagram and twitter. 


Twitter: @MsMorganPelt 
Instagram: @morgan_pelt