Let's make a deal. Let's all Go Green for 2012.
Let's pledge to live a kinder, greener more earth-friendly life in 2012 and beyond.
Our "Go Green" Resolutions ideas for New Years 2012:
- buy only cruelty-free beauty products (no tested on animals)
- take a reusable grocery bag every time you go shopping (say no to plastic!)
- add more fresh organic vegetables to your daily diet
- reuse empty jam/sauce jars to make pretty tea light candle holders
- start your own vegetable garden
- buy more local, natural & organic products (check your local markets)
- use recycled paper in your office (save the trees)
- stop buying plastic bottled water (use a refillable stainless steel water bottle)
- switch from cow's milk to soy milk or almond milk
- reduce your carbon footprint (turn lights off, reduce water use, unplug electronics)
- use organic skincare and natural beauty remedies
- switch from coffee to organic green tea
- burn only natural beeswax or soy candles
- make donations to animal rights charities & conservation groups
- switch to a healthy vegetarian or vegan diet
- exercise at least 3 times a week
- recycle more - every little bit counts! (cans, tins, jars, cardboard, paper, plastic)
- replace soft drinks, energy drinks and alcohol with fresh juice & healthy smoothies
- buy a hammock and spend time reading books outside
- donate food or volunteer at a local animal shelter
Wishing all our Eco Glamazine readers a safe & successful new year filled with new opportunities and eco adventures.